A weekly blog devoted to filling your tank full with positivity, motivation and thoughtful reflection.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Being Gentle

It is a little bit of a struggle to write a "tank filler" today. I am dealing with grief and this picture came to mind:



Today I am being as gentle with myself as I can. Allowing the tears to come whenever they feel like it and for as long as they feel like it. I am courageously and unashamedly asking friends for help and hugs and their presence.


I am being gentle with myself. Allowing the feelings, allowing myself to falter in my faith, knowing; this too shall pass.

It really, really will.

Our spirits are amazing and brilliant and will not be kept down.

A friend sent me an article today talking about how if we can keep in mind that we are ALL doing our very best, it makes it much easier to have compassion. Even to have compassion towards those who hurt us or challenge us or vex us.

Sometimes, I wonder if choosing a life of lovingkindness and compassion has prompted the Universe to set up mini obstacles to test my conviction. Through this recent challenge, I faltered. In my hurt, I allowed words of anger to escape my lips. But I did the best I could. And I will learn and grow from this experience and hopefully, the Universe will deem me an expert and leave me be. Ha ha ha

This week, I challenge you to remind yourself, that EVERYONE is doing their best, and please, please, please be gentle with them.

Gentle Spirit,

Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment